Sunday 24 February 2013

Resolution- #Lips on Any Budget


Although red is my staple, go-to colour, I wouldn't want to wear it every day. Sure Mac and other high-end lipsticks are some of my faves. But but a few and that's over £30. Which, when times are tough, just can't happen. Especially if, like me, you measure life in 'days before pay day' (NOTE- It's always too many)

Having a high-end piece of make-up feels great, but it's not always feasible.

So if you're just getting in to make-up or are maybe starting to pick up a few bits with your pocket money, or you're on a low budget, or the boss ain't paying you enough- there's no reason you can't look and feel fab. Here are my picks of the drugstore's bargain lipsticks-





From top left- Miss Sporty, Malage. NYC, Velvet Wine. VIVO, Wow Pink. Miss Sporty, I love.




I picked up the two Miss Sporty lipsticks on a whim, really. It was a rainy Saturday I was mooching around town with my parents. With a holiday to pay for, I'm really having to cut back. But sometimes you just have to have a treat, right? And also with a holiday on the way, that 'treat' couldn't be chocolate or a Costa muffin.

I was mulling over the different make-up stands, swatching, as you do, when I came across these. And for £1.59 a pop (I think they have now gone back to £2 or so) I couldn't go wrong.

The two of them together cost less than my coffee at Costa.

Not only are they cheap, the colour pay-off is great. They smell like holiday and they have a nice sheen.

'Malaga' looks a little more orange in the photo than it is, but it is a bright red.

 


Next up- NYC Velvet Wine. These lipstick retail for around £1.70 (how ridic). I mean, I don't want to know what they're made out of but for the price, you can't go wrong.

I know the brand has had a little bit of a change recently with a new line of lipsticks, so I'm not sure how readily-available these are.

But if you're looking for a deep wine colour, especially for A/W, that you don't want to wear every day, this is a good option

VIVO- Wow Pink. Now, this says it's a 'matte' and I've got to be honest, it's not really. Yes, compared to these other budget lipsticks, it is (apart from maybe NYC Velvet Wine)- but for £1, it's a STEAL.

I have a lot of pink lipsticks, and some v.bright ones at that, so to me, this isn't the most 'Wow Pink'- but if you don't have anything like this, it's a great place to start. It is slightly drying, so dab on some balm every now and again and definitely wear a lipliner for long-lasting colour.

On that note, if you're also starting out with lip liners- check out Natural Collection in Boots.



And of course, every body's favourite budget beauty brand- MUA. My favourite is this peachy, 60s colour, called Nectar. Personally, it's not something I'd wear every day. And so to only pay £1 for such a pretty colour is a bit good really, isn't it?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment