Monday 8 April 2013

Resolution- #Invest in the Tress(es)

I never thought a piece of pink plastic would change my life.



I mean, yes, there was the time when I was eight and I had a pink Polly Pocket house in the shape of the star that I thought was the best thing ever.

But I ain't eight no more.

What I do share with my eight-year-old self, however, is tangly hair.

At points I've looked in the mirror and mistaken myself for a cavewoman.

HELLLLLLLOOOO



Yes, I am a massive fan of, well, massive hair. *please note above is not an example of me at my best. And this is an old photo. I'm not that young and wrinkle-free anymore

And of course backcombing doesn't help with the tangle situation.

But could there possibly be a solution, I asked myself? Can you have big hair and be knot-free?

I'm shamed to say I had resigned myself to the fact that hair-wash days would also involve a two-hour detangling session involving a ridiculous amount of conditioner and pain.

BUT THAT WAS THE OLD SAM.

OH YES, we all know by now what The Style Resolutions is all about. And this lady decided it was high time to stop the hair high-jinx and get serious with those tangles.

We've also, I'm sure, all heard a lot about the Tangle Teezer.

I seriously don't think I've read one bad review.
So I did the quick 'a lifetime of detangling spray v a one-off £10 payment for a brush that promises to 'change your hair and your life'' and there wasn't much to think about.

And, well, let me just tell you, those people at Tangle Teezer weren't telling porky pies.

This humble piece of plastic has literally changed my life. Because now I can spend less of it brushing my bush (that sounds ever so rude) and more time on the things I really enjoy!...like watching youtube videos of other people brushing theirs....


It sounds ridiculous, I think. 'So, you're telling me a piece of pink plastic has changed your hair?' Yes. YES I AM.

Like any discerning consumer (read: product junkie) I do my research before making any kind of purchase. Maybe that's how you happened upon this page. Maybe you Googled 'Tangle Teezer reviews.'

Usually if I'm thinking of buying something and I see good reviews, I 'll decide to go for it.

But never have I been so glad I did.

I don't know how this works and I'm pretty sure 'magic' isn't the answer.

 I'm  cautious of being over-zealous  (I don't really know why...maybe it's because usually I'm a moody cow? Or maybe it's because I don't think this review will be taken seriously?) so I'm just going to break-down why I like this Tangle Teezer and I think if you have tangles, it's definitely worth teasing them with this.

  •  Recently, I went on a lovely holiday. Whilst the weather was great, the food, the scenery- my hair was not. Hot weather + sea water = A bad hair week. And unfortunately for me (or anyone who saw me) I forgot to take a comb. So all the while I was just brushing over the knots, knowing I'd have a pretty big problem on my hands when I got back to the UK.
  • I decided push had come to shove, and it was time to invest in the Tangle Teezer. 
  • I washed my hair, put a conditioning treatment in- left it wet, ran this through and voila! I could not believe my eyes. I WAS KNOT FREE. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE.  
Tangle Teezer, be my wife. Cos Imma Fan Girl all over you.

 

4 comments:

  1. I really want a Tangle Teezer I've seen so many good reviews of them! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly it's amazing. I was so dubious before I got it, me and my frizzy hair were like '..really?!' x

      Delete
  2. I love love love my tangle teezer, such an amazing product.

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what all my family are getting for birthday presents now I've discovered this! I love your blog btw :) x

      Delete