Monday 7 January 2013

Resolution #Be something other than red




I might be sad, but I like a woman with a painted toe. Or toes, I should say. One painted toe and I'd think she's a bit of a weirdo.
Life is stressful and there's not always time to blow your nose, let alone look groomed 24/7. But I think there's something nice about a woman who's been rushed off her feet all day and comes in the front door all dishevelled and takes of her shoes to reveal painted toes. It just says 'see, I might have crap in my hair and tears in my eyes, but I'm a glamour puss really' doesn't it? Does it? Maybe I'm just weird.
Anyway, ever since I was about 18, I've religiously painted my toenails red.
This is for a number of reasons namely a) red's my favourite colour b) it looks nice on your toes and c) it's the lazy girl's way of maintening some glamour. I'm just gonna put it out there, I am not ashamed, let's be honest girls...sometimes...you. just. can't. be. bothered.
Sometimes it's enough that we have full-time jobs and bills to pay and a diet to maintain and a gym to get to and a friend's birthday party and family to visit...and amongst it all, we still want to look lovely.I'm not going to get in to a debate about society and my god I'm not one to talk, as a self-confessed fash-a-holic. But it's kind of expected of us, isn't it? So when your toe polish has chipped mid-week, you just want a quick, no-nonsense tidy up to make yourself look and feel a little bit glamourous again. And red is the perfect colour for quick touch-ups.
But today's #Resolution is to stop being lazy and start experimenting with colours on my toes. Coloured nails are a sure-fire way to try the new trends without looking a) jaundinced b) bruised or c) just plain ridiculous. Plus, it's a bleak January and it might be quite nice to look down at my feet and see a little bit of sunshine or a dash of spring colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment