Monday 21 January 2013

Resolution- #Wear Pink Lips and Hot Nails

I think it was Glamour magazine that said red lips will be 'passe' by Valentines Day. And whilst I believe a red like will never be 'passe', I do definitely detect a shift in to the new year and away from the traditionally festive colour. I know it's only January and it's snowing everywhere and all our heating bills are probably going through the roof (!) but a bright pink lip looks so fresh.

I'm really excited for the launch of Maybelline's Vivid Colors collection in February and it's definitely something I'll be getting my chubby little mitts on to review for you.

But in the meantime, to satisfy my hot colours craving, I happened upon this lip duo from Look cosmetics and I love love LOVE it.

This is 'Hyper Melon' a fairly new shade to the collection, so I believe.

The lipstick is around £7 and the lip liner about £4.


 They're a pretty perfect colour match. 
 The lipstick has a really nice creamy consistency but packs a hell of a lot of pigment. 
 The lip liner isn't so drying that you can't wear it alone anyway. 
 I've only worn this combination once so far and it didnt have great staying power, but still left a nice stain on my lips even after dinner and (maybe) a glass or two of wine. 

 I've been wearing it with Barry M Jelly in Grapefruit (YES you get it by now I really like Barry M nail polishes...) which is a bright pink colour, but not as fushcia as it appears in these snaps. 
It's really shiny but annoying I find chips more easily than the standard Barry M range (boo!) But because I love you, Barry M you big cosmetics colour kaleidoscope, I'll deal with it :) 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the pink lipstick and the beautiful nail polish.
    By the way, i am also a blogger .Would you please join my site on blogspot? I will follow you as well.
    Thank you.
    dreamwedding4me.blogspot.com

    4myfashionstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete