Sunday 13 January 2013

Resolution- #Bring on the brights!

Floral and brights are soooo S/S13, don'tcha know, dahhling
But why wait five months to rock the trend? It's f*in freezing out there (hands up who's currently cocooned in a mountain of layers with heating on full-blast?!) so I'm bringing the sunshine in to my life with these bargainous beauts. *Queue pretentious photograph that I want to look effortless but probably took about two hours to get right and even now looks a bit ridiculous*


These trews (look at me using the cool words) are from George at Asda and cost a tiny £3.50 at the end of last year. They're a thin material so will do fine for summer but can be worn all year round layered up. Whilst in summer I'd probably pair them with some gladiator sandals and a t, I wanted to toughen them up for winter with my New Look biker boots- another steal at just £14. 
This time last year, I never thought I'd have the balls to wear either of these things, but now I've got them on, I realise they're not that out there, are they? Biker boots are such a good way to toughen up a girly dress and these trousers add a bit of colour to what otherwise is the most miserable time of the year.
So today's #Resolution is to dare to wear. Oh and also to stock up on more bright pieces because I can't wait for summer! And this year, tired of the 'heat wave dread' where you have nightmares as the weather starts hotting up and you know it's just a matter of time before you have to expose the world to your mountainous lumps and bumps, I'm getting prepared. I'm shaping up physically, but most importantly, mentally. It's time to banish those body woes and bring on the brights! 

No comments:

Post a Comment