Saturday 18 May 2013

1 DAY REVIEW- Clarins BB Cream


Back by popular demand *cough* from me *cough*
It's the one day review! Yay.
And today, we're trialling the Clarins BB Skin Perfecting Cream.
Now, I don't have the best relationship with BB creams. So I was coming in to this with a bit of a tainted heart.
The one thing that consistently lets me down is the colour.
So I was a bit scared when I saw the shade of this.
To be fair, this is the medium shade. But in the name of blogging, I persisted.
And with some blend, blend and more blend- it actually worked okay.
My skin isn't looking great at the moment, so I first I covered myself in Collection Lasting Perfection concealer.
That made me look as white as a sheet, so I think the orange of this balanced it out.
Either on their own would have looked ridiculous.
I used my Real Techniques buffing brush to blend this in.
It took some work, but we got there in the end.
 What It Says

Revitalises, protects, evens skin tone and provides coverage.

Well, simply- it does everything it promises.
Coverage-wise, this is the best BB I've tried so far.
More than that, I'd say it's on par with foundation.
It gave a nice finish to the skin and filled in my (open) pores well.
It looks nice in all lights and lasted well.
It does need a top-up and I did notice half way through the day there was some 'sliding'.
As in 'oh, great...my skin looks as though it's sliding off...' mmm, yes. Just the look I was going for.

It didn't 'lift' my skin as much as my favourite foundations might- but for a BB cream, it did a really good job.
I'm looking forward to trying this in the light shade because without a lot of work (and a lot of concealer) this is too dark for my skin.
And despite it's good points, this product retails between £22 and £28.
And there are (a lot) of much cheaper foundations which do a better job.
So would I purchase this product? Mmmmm....I just don't know.
It is a great all-in-one. But I can't say it's worth its asking price.
If you're determined on BB creams as opposed to foundation, I'd recommend trying this one.
Don't waste your money on the cheaper drugstore versions that, in my experience, don't live up to their promises. It is worth saving your pennies for- just as long as you're prepared to blend!
 










No comments:

Post a Comment