Sunday 5 May 2013

Resolution- #Go Back in Time and Listen to the Hype

If only I had a time machine.
Would I go back and stop myself from a hundred embarrassing hairstyles/ even worse make-up/ the many times I drank a little too much and did something more than a little cringe-inducing?
No.
I'd make sure I bought Healthy Mix as soon as I heard the great reviews rather than waiting so bloody long to confirm what I'd been thinking.

Yes, this has become my favourite ever foundation.

And yes, that is a big deal considering a) the problems I've had with my skin over the years and b) the sheer amount of foundations I've tried.
I wasn't necessarily 'in the market' for a new foundation. But during this year, I've really started to get in to skin and I've realised how much difference a well-made-up face can make.

YES, this has been reviewed by the world and his wife (adding to what I said about kicking myself for not taking notice sooner).
So I'm probably not going to say anything here you haven't already seen before.
On someone else's much better blog.

The snobs among us might be thinking '£10.99? All drugstore foundations are a bit shit, surely?' Well I assure you not.
This stuff is *sing it* ahaaamaaaazzziiiing
It blends well, has good coverage, feels light on the skin and lasts all day.
I don't think I have a bad word to say about it.
Only the glass packaging- that is not a clumsy oaf's dream.
I have the shade 52, which is around about the perfect colour for my skin.
These foundations do tend to be on the yellow side, which works well at balancing out my redness, but might be a problem for some.
I really like the gel-texture. When I compare other foundations to this now, they feel very watery.
In fact, I've been testing out a couple of other foundations for review which cost the same price *watch this space for my thoughts soon*...and I have to say, when I use this baby, I really notice the difference. 



No comments:

Post a Comment