Tuesday 21 May 2013

Benefit They're Real! Mascara

*Winces with pain* I really, really want to like this mascara. 
And having read such good reviews, I was seriously considering splashing out the full £18. 
So when I saw Elle were giving it away as this month's freebie, I thought there was no better time to test it out.
And I'm glad I did. 
Because, guys, *hears a thousand hearts breaking...who am I kidding, as if 1,000 people read this blog*- I don't love it. 
And to be honest, at first I wasn't even sure I liked it. 
This product gives the following statistics-
94% saw dramatic length and volume
90% saw base to tip curl
94% saw visible lift
100% saw long-wearing results.

...Well apart from the last statistic, count me in the minority, because I didn't see any of those things.
I curl my lashes every day and I didn't even feel this held the result of that very well.

The wand is plastic, which I've found never tends to work as well on my lashes as fibre ones.
I don't know... maybe it's because the wand is smaller? Maybe it's better in the full-sized version? Can anyone help me out there?
But if this is as good as it gets, I'm disappointed.
And I really didn't want to be.

Anyway, these are my lashes, coated in They're Real! mascara
In my mascara-wearing experience, this didn't add anything (and in some cases, less) than your average drugstore mascara. 
There's no significant curl or volume here and as you can see, several of the lashes are clumped together. 
And as you can see, it left quite a bit of residue on my eyelid and under the lower lash line.
Yes, maybe these are all things I could correct with another go of my eyelash curlers, an eyelash comb and some make-up remover.
But if I'm paying £18 for a mascara, I'm not really willing to do all the extra faff work.

I feel a bit like I'm sticking my oar in an unwanted place, as I don't think I've seen one bad review of this (okay, literally I've seen one).
But I want to be honest because it's important that anyone considering making such a substantial mascara purchase have all the information they need. 
And on the basis of what I've seen, this isn't the be-all-and-end-all mascara for everybody.





 
   
 resolution

No comments:

Post a Comment