Monday 6 May 2013

Resolution- #Blush. L'oreal Paris Le Blush

That's right. I've gone French again.

I showed this blush (briefly) in my little L'oreal haul at the beginning of the month.
Their products were on 3 for 2 offer and I spent about *longer than necessary* stood salivating over the products, in a proper quandary about what to buy.
And I decided to go for blush.
Why? Well, day-to-day, it's not really work 'appropriate' to be sporting a lot of facial colour.
And I have enough lipsticks for after-work hours to last a lifetime.
Mascara- I'm all set thanks- and eyeliner, too.
Plus, since my skin's been clearer *YAY!* I've become a little more in to a little more rouge.
And there's only so long you can be in Superdrug swatching products before they start looking at you like you're a freak.

So with time of the essence, I did a quick test and decided True Rose was the way to go.
But once I got it outside and first started dabbling, the old glitter alarm bells started going off in my head.
Oh heyll no, I ain't no fan of glitter.
But this- this is ever so workable.
If you run your finger over it, it almost feels like a cream blush.
And my face brush doesn't pick up too much of the product so that either a) I waste a lot of it tapping it away or b) I use too much and look ridiculous. (I do have plenty of other ways of being ridiculous, don'tcha know)

Since my hair is lighter for summer, this is definitely a true match.
In fact, I only really noticed this when I was back in Superdrug picking up some more crap much needed essentials and I caught sight of myself in the mirror.
Usually, catching sight of myself in any mirror in the middle of the day is enough to give me the willies.
But this day, I was pleasantly surprised.
This blush gave such a natural flush- it picked up my face (and totally hid that drunken weekend and late Monday night).
Plus, as you know if you've been reading my blog for a while (hey mum, one and only fan), I'm a bit obssesed with 90s pared down glam right now. This is the perfect shade for that look.
Wear-wise, it fairs pretty well.
But if you're re-applying your base, you'll need to re-apply this too.
Otherwise it stays put (under a light setting powder) for most of the day and (the winning factor) doesn't just leave sparkly bits dotted across your cheeks come 5pm.


Individually, this blush costs £7.99.
I know- that seems pretty steep for a drugstore product of this size.
But it has now become my go-to rouge for every day and it's changed the way I think about applying blush.
Which, my friends, you can't put a price on.







  

No comments:

Post a Comment