Sunday 24 March 2013

Resolution- #Give A Second Chance


I'M no ball breaker.

In fact, anyone watching me watch a particularly emotional episode of Corrie would mistake me as being soft as sh*t. (WHY anyone would be watching me watch Corrie who knows)

But one thing I generally don't tend to do, is go back on things. (Except if it's 'I'm giving up chocolate cake!', obvs)

That foundation ain't cutting the grade? MMmmmhMMmm honey, you being kicked to the kerb.

I was SUPER-excited about the Rimmel Apolocalypse. I heard such good things about them and, being a lover of all  things lips, I knew at least one of those babies would be coming home with me. I was tempted by Big Bang, but already having a gazillion red lipsticks, glosses, liners, I knew that wasn't the best idea.

So I decided to go with Stellar. A bright, corally, reddy, pinky...(I'm great with describing words...)



Basically, it's not like any other colour in my collection. And I really, really wanted to like it. I really, really wanted to go back and get others from the collection. But when it came to it...I just...couldn't make it work.

I'm not sure what I did wrong back then. But I was so disappointed in myself, I flung it in my make-up drawer and sulked for a while. (I didn't say I wasn't stubborn...)

Anyway, I've been gazing at it longingly ever since, tempted to try it but...so...hurt by the disappointment.

T'other night, I was spending my free time doing what I love best (watching beauty gurus on youtube, obvs), when I came across fayesfix and I was watching all of her videos, obvs, when I happened upon a Primark Haul.
And all the while I was watching, I was like 'what is that on her lips? It's so unusual, I must have it!'
Being a seasoned youtube watcher, I knew to look in the downbar for the information I needed.

And there it was- Rimmel Apocalypse in Stellar.
My giddy aunt, I couldn't believe it. I was like...no way is that the same thing?!

So the next day I got up, with determination in my little heart, and I grabbed that Stellar Apocalypse and I worked with it.

AND I LOVE THE RESULT.


*wow, that's a hairy hand.....

I've started using this with a lip liner and pressing in only a small amount of colour at a time, so it's got some real staying power. My best tip is to wipe off as much excess colour from the wand as you can and apply with care.
Once I'd mastered the technique, I realised this is a real stayer.
And now definitely a stayer in my collection.

....Oh dear, I'll definitely be going back for Big Bang now...

So, as you may have guessed, today's #Resolution is to not give up on products. Just because I can't get it right the first time, doesn't mean I can't try again.

Sure, some things will never work for you. But you don't know that unless you try!

Has anyone else had this experience with the Rimmel Apocalypse? Or anyone other products you've given a second chance?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment