Friday 8 March 2013

Style Resolutions- #February Faves

So it's March and yet it still feels like a Russian winter *sigh*

Nevertheless, these have been getting me through the month.And a little over, as I'm well aware I'm slow with this (why change the habit of a lifetime, ey?)

So here are the Style Resolutions Monthly Favourites for February...and a bit of March

  • Face Brush, Body Shop- £4
Turning 24 this month gives me a slight panic attack. Only one year younger than Rihanna. That means I only have a year to mimic her success. Damn.

But turning 24 is also making me think about the future. And investing in my skin.

Like all bloggers, I've done a lot of research (code name for spending hours on youtube/ blogs) and while I can't yet afford a Clarisonic *one day, one day* I really think facial massage has it's benefits. As does double-cleansing. (FYI, this is based on no scientific fact. So we'll see how my skin's bearing up in 20 years).



This face brush has been my cleaning tool of the month. I did slightly break out after about the third use, but then I thought that might be the fact it's bringing all the sh*t from down below out, right? Maybe I'm just spotty, who knows.

I wouldnt suggest using this everyday, because it is quite 'scrubby'- get it out once or twice a week. And make sure you wash between uses.

And don't press down too hard. Furiously scrubbing does not a nice face make.



  • Nail Polishes, Rimmel- Around £3.69
I've blogged about these recently, I'm just loving the colours and the formula given the price.
In fact, looking at the brightness of this colour again makes me want to just run right home and dive in to a pool of it.
I wont. Because that's solvent abuse. In the extreme. 
This is Ready, Aim, Panit! by Rimmel















  • Original Beauty Lotion, Jergens- £1.79

I picked this up when it was on offer in Superdrug because in winter you just can't get enough of the moisturising stuff.

What I really like this is the smell- it's like cherries and marzipan.

Moisture-wise, I wouldn't say it's unbelievably drenching, but it does the job and it keeps you soft for the standard 24 hours.

  • In Style magazine- £3.80 and Zest £3.70
Glamour, Cosmo, More!, Look, Elle, the list goes on of the magazines I buy. I just love reading them. And also sniffing the pages, natch.

The last two months I've picked up In Style and Zest and I have to say, I really enjoy both.

Zest, to be fair, was a conscious decision. I've decided this is the year of health (as well as style resolutions, of course) and I've gotten so many little tips and tricks from this.
Whenever I feel like reaching for the Cadbury's I have a little flick through this and it helps me get out the banana instead.
And by banana, I mean banana.

In Style, I randomly picked up because I was going on a long train journey and I'd natch already read every other one of my go-to mags- Cosmo, Company, Glamour et al.
Butagain, I really like this. Full of 'oh yea, I'd have never thought of styling it like that' moments. Also cuts out the 'does he love me, how to please a man' crap you sometimes have to endure in other titles.
Though it's just a shame everything costs like, £300.

No comments:

Post a Comment