Wednesday 27 March 2013

Resolution #Vitamins. For the face. Body Shop Skincare Review

BREAKING NEWS: I'm not getting any younger.

Yep, I know- it's come as a big shock, but we just have to deal with it.

I am now*gulp* 24. TWENTY-FOUR!

I know when I'm 44, I'll be all 'Oh, to be 24 again', but right now, it feels proper old.

YET far from wallowing in a pit of despair, I have decided to tackle this age problem head-on.

So that when I am 44, I won't regret not investing in my skin.

Screw you, wrinkles, you will not defeat me.

I'm not made of money right now (but one day I'm SURE my hair-brained schemes will come good and I'll be raking it in, so what does it matter?!) but when it comes to combating the signs of ageing, we all know prevention is better than cure.

And that, unfortunately, means cutting down on the sugar *boo* scaling back the wine intake *say it ain't so* and getting a few more early nights.

Feeling a bit (some would say uneccessarily) depressed, I decided there was no better time than the present to up my anti-wrinkle tactics. Me and ageing are going to clash in a major battle on my face- it's inevitable.

 So I need to make sure my defences are in tact and I am ready for the war.

And I think I've found a regime that works. WOOHOO.

Now, before I decided what my new regime would be, I did my research (which, if you're reading this, I'm sure you do too). I think it's important to know a) what you're putting on to your face and b) whether it's a good investment.

Anyway, cutting the crap, I decided to pick a few bits from the Body Shop's Vitamin C range.

The range was 3 for 2 and buying a Body Shop Loyalty Card was cheaper than the facial brush and included the free solid perfume- so I was pretty impressed :)

Vitamin C Powder Mix Serum
(centre of pic)

This takes a bit of getting used to. When I first opened the packet I was like 'what is this?!'
Basically, you get a bottle with liquid in the bottom and powder in the top. You push the powder in to the bottom and shake to mix (this whole pushing bsuiness took me ages!)
Then you use the mixture twice daily for ten days. Which is supposed to brighten the skin.

It has quite a strong smell and it feels a little bit like putting orange on your face, I guess (to clarify, I've never actually done that).
But I have to say, I did notice a difference. My skin does seem brighter. This is a good intensive treatment if you're feeling a bit tired, or you've got an event coming up and you want to look fresh. You need to use moisturiser afterwards though, or you're going to look tight....and not in a good way.

Vitamin C Moisturiser for Dull Skin

Winter has made me drier than a dry joke. Of the driest kind.



But I've really enjoyed using this. It's nice and rich and goes on smooth. It sinks in pretty quickly too.
I mean, it basically does the job a decent moisturiser, to be honest.
But it smells especially nice. And  it does have a brightening effect for dull skin.
I prefer to use this in the mornings. When I was using this twice daily, I did notice I had a bit of dry skin.

Vitamin C Facial Radiance Capsules


These are funny little things, aren't they?
I think they appealed to me because when I was little we had these little bubble bath pouches and I'd always accidentally break them and get the liquid in my eye and it felt awful....

...yea...on second thoughts I don't know why that would appeal to me?!

ANYWAY, so far I've managed to keep all of the serum in these pouches away from my eyes (SUCCESS).
One pod is about enough to cover your entire face and it's so smooth it makes you want to pop them all open and slather them on. But don't. Because that would be quite an expensive mistake.



The formula sinks in really quickly, so you need to rub, rub, rub to spread it over those areas that are causing you concern (like my ENTIRE face).

And if you have a big face, like me, you'll need to be quite stingy. Or just stick to the areas that need it most.

Review in Numbers

Did it live up to its promises?- 4/5- yes, these are good products. But I think I  need to repurchase and use over a continued use of time to see if I'm definitely getting what I need from them.

Value for money- 4/5- The Body Shop always seems to have some kind of sale on these days, and these products were 3 for 2.
I'm not sure I would have bought all three at full price, but having used them, I'd go back in time and tell myself to.
If they weren't on offer, that is. Which they were. So this is just pointless babble.

Packaging- 3/5. I like the bright orange colour. You definitely get the idea that this is the Vitamin C range. But it's nothing particularly exciting. I like the glass jar that the capsules come in, they wouldn't look out of place on a nice dressing table. Which I don't have.

Recommend to a friend? Yes!...though how I'd recommend anti-wrinkle skincare without insulting them, I don't know...

What anti-ageing regimes are you loving at the moment?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment