Wednesday 13 March 2013

Resolution- #Keep on Thrifting

Sometimes, a good rummage can pay off in treasure.

I've found some gems in charity shops- and it's basically doing the world a favour, giving to the needy, recycling...and looking fabulous, all in one!

So today's #Resolution is to keep on digging.

To show you they're not stuffy old cubby holes full of granny tat, I found some items in my local charity shops and here's (just some of the ways) I'll be styling them



Coral Jumper



Shoes-Primar, £5
Jeans-New Look, £14.99 (Now 19.99)
Necklace- New Look, £5.99 in a haul here 

Floral Crop Top



Yellow Bangle- New Look, 50p (Sale)
Pencil Skirt- Charity Shop, £3

Metallic Peplum


 Shoes- Next (Sale), £14
Pencil Skirt- Primark, £12




Style Resolution Thrifting Tips

Go with an idea in mind. Sometimes cheap prices can make you want to grab something just for the sake of it- but be realistic- are you going to wear it?
Before you go, think about what you'd like to find. Yes, you might nab something great you didn't expect to buy- in which case, snap it up!-but don't just buy for the sake of it.

Think about how you're going to wear it. Before you buy, mentally pair up an item with others in your wardrobe. Garments might be cheap but if you don't wear them, they're still a waste of money.

Strapped for cash? Charity shop before high street.
I'm going to tell you a little story. Last Christmas, I seriously wanted a gold brocade/ metallic skirt. They were all over my favourite magazines and I could think of so many ways of working it. But although I could have gone to River Island and got myself one, I couldn't stretch to £30. It was Christmas after all, I had presents to buy.
Anyway, one day I was meandering around town and I just happened to walk in to a charity shop, and there was this GEM- right there in front of me. I mean, I didn't even have to roll up my sleeves of anything.
The label is Marks and Spencer. It's good as new, the exact right size. Will stay in my wardrobe for a long time. And cost £3.50.

#STEAL!

Do you love a good rummage? What have been your charity-shop best buys?  

No comments:

Post a Comment